Please see the job posting below for Office Administrator
Ministry Title: Office Administrator
Weekly Hours: 25 (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. including a 30 minute lunch)
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Direct Staff Report(s): None
Experience and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree
- Two or more years of clerical and/or secretarial experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in basic database systems.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to work both independently and under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
- Must pass a background check and be willing to become “Safe Sanctuary” certified.
- Knowledge of social media platforms.
- Demonstrates ownership of the congregational mission to Love God, Grow in Christ, Live to Serve, and supports congregation and staff goals towards fulfillment of that mission.
- Have access to the Staff/Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) via her/his liaison.
- Read and agree to the Church of the Master Employee Handbook.
- Welcome people to Church of the Master with warmth and kindness in presence at the desk, over the phone, and by email.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Prepare worship bulletins for Sunday’s services and special services as required. Order of Worship will be supplied by the Senior Pastor, and the Senior Pastor shall view a copy of the bulletin for final editing before printing.
- Facilitate inquiries about building use (share the building use form, pass the completed forms to the facilities manager, and update calendar in consultation with the Facilities Manager, Trustees, and Senior Pastor).
- Prepare newsletter (The Visitor) monthly so that it is available for viewing on the 1st of each month. Gather, screen, and format information for easy communication.
- Prepare, collate, and submit data to the district office for yearly charge conference (typically fall) and end of year reports. Provide consistent organization of digital and hard copy files for church documents.
- Update the “Hospitalized” board and coordinate the pastoral/lay visitation schedule (monthly).
- Coordinate altar flower calendar, keeping information up to date in the bulletins, and ordering flowers for special worship services, seasonal events, etc.
- Send email reminders about committee/team meetings.
- Utilize social media platforms to inform the congregation and community about events and activities.
- Maintain well organized files, both in paper and digitally.
- Participate in the evaluation/review process as outlined and approved by the SPRC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Holidays and Vacation:
Vacation and sick time will be granted in accordance with the Employee Handbook and the United Methodist Book of Discipline. Holidays recognized by Church of the Master are:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday (observed)
- Easter Monday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day and Thanksgiving Friday
- Christmas Day and December 26
- Two Personal Days
Interested and Qualified Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to Rev. Anna Guillozet, Senior Pastor, via email at email@example.com by 2 p.m. on Friday, April 20, 2018.